Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jettisms........my little boy!

Ok, so I guess I should give a little background so everyone understands what I am talking about.  I have three children.  My two oldest are 17 and 16.  My youngest is 5 and his name is Jett.  Having my children so far apart was not exactly planned but everyone of them is a blessing and I would never change the choices that I made.  That being said, I want to share with you how a 5 year-old processes everyday things.

Jett asked me what it means to get 'paid'.  I explained that if the neighbor says,"If you shovel my sidewalk, I will pay you $10."  You will then be 'paid' $10 because you did a service for someone.  I was driving the car while explaining this to Jett.  When I looked back at him to make sure that he understood I noticed that his shoulder strap was not secured in his car seat.  I then told him to try and fix the problem himself.  He looked at me with those bright, and slightly mischievous eyes, and ask me "So, how much are you going to pay me?"  Lesson assimilated!  What a smart alack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment